Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Shipping:
When do you ship out books?
- Orders are sent out the next business day after the order is paid for unless we are attending a convention or it is a weekend/holiday. Please note that our online inventory includes books we travel with to trade shows which could result in a shipping delay.
How do you pack your books?
- We pack all of our books with two thick pieces of cardboard, wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap, inside a cardboard box stuffed with packing peanuts.
Do you offer any other shipping services aside from USPS?
- While the USPS remains our cheapest shipping option, we are happy to provide both UPS and FedEx options to all of our customers on any order.
How much does shipping cost?
- We offer a multitude of shipping options, but the cheapest option provided is via USPS Priority. All orders are shipped at a flat rate cost to you, meaning that the shipping cost will remain the same whether you order 1 book or 10.
- USPS Priority to United States – $15
- USPS Priority to Canada – $35
- USPS Priority to Europe – $55
- USPS Priority to Australia -$55
- USPS Priority to any zone not covered above- $75
Can I use my own business account with UPS/Fedex and have you charge me instead?
- At this time, we do not allow for customers to use their own accounts to pay for shipping. While we try to provide competitive shipping rates, we also have to consider the cost of materials and labor when determining our shipping rates.
What is your return policy?
You have 14 days from receipt to return an item. All returned items must not be damaged or altered from their original condition. Items that do not meet these criteria or are non-returnable will be denied.
How long does it take to process my return?
Once we have received your package, your refund will be processed within 7 business days. You will be notified via email at the email address listed on your account when your order was placed. Please note that your banking institution may require additional days to process and post this transaction to your account once they have received the information from us (typically 3-5 business days).
Important note regarding PayPal refunds:
Due to PayPal's recent policy change regarding seller fee's, from now on we will only be refunding 97% of your original purchase price if you paid with PayPal and choose to return a book for reasons outside of a normal return (damaged slab, wrong book received, etc.).
If you receive a book that is damaged, not a part of your order, or is generally a mistake on our part, we will still honor a 100% refund regardless of how you paid.
We kindly ask that you reach out to us before submitting any returns.
Frequently Asked Questions
I see in some of your listings you have denoted if the book has been pressed, what does that mean?
Per CGC, pressing is a process that can enhance the appearance of a comic book by removing non-color breaking defects such as dents, bends, crunches, rippling, warping, spine rolls and indentations. It neither adds nor takes away from the comic, making it a non-restorative process that will not make a comic book “restored.”
In an effort to be as transparent as possible, we like to denote whether books we have sent to CGC have been pressed or not. This does not mean that CGC books that do not have that denotation in our descriptions aren't pressed. We are only able to denote pressing on books that we know 100% we sent to be pressed prior to being listed on our website.
What about your uncertified books, have those been pressed?
We do not press any of our own uncertified books. This is not to say none of our uncertified books haven't been pressed- as we are unsure of their pressing history prior to purchasing them. I can say that of the books we list in an uncertified state, the vast majority remain unpressed.
What is that orange/pink blur on the bottom of some of your images?
Most of the time, this is the result of scanner glare while trying to image our products. If you are unsure of whether an image has scanner glare or is a real defect, please contact us and we will verify for you.
Your uncertified books also have numerical grades, how are you grading uncertified books?
We have been grading books on our own as long as we have been in business (15+ years). While ultimately grading is subjective, we are constantly submitting books to CGC, and adjust our grading as necessary due to CGC's evolving standards. Any defect noted in a product description is already factored into the grade given by us.
I sent an offer/email/message and haven't heard back, when can I expect a reply?
We typically answer all messages within an hour during working hours, before reaching out a second time, please search your inbox for any emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes, email providers filter our messages to a spam or promotions folder. You can add our email address to your address book to direct all messages to your primary inbox.